If you need a referral related to substance abuse or mental health, call the National Helpline for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service, this Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.
Are you in Fairfax County? If so, you can contact the Fairfax Coordinated Services Planning office to get referrals to a variety of services. To reach the offices of Coordinated Services Planning: 703-222-0880, TTY 711, open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
The office can help you access the following:
- Basic Needs: Emergency food, shelter, clothing, furniture, and transportation.
- Financial Assistance: Rent or mortgage assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure, security deposit assistance to secure permanent housing, utility payments to prevent disconnection, prescription assistance, and other special needs. Assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis and is generally available only once a year.
- Health Care Services: Provide referrals for other health care services—medical, dental, eye glasses, hearing aids, mental health, substance abuse, home care, pregnancy, and family planning.
- Employment and education: Includes referrals for job training, job search, English for speakers of other languages, legal assistance, and financial literacy.
- Recreation: Referrals to recreation facilities and programs, senior centers, teen centers, and referrals for those with special needs.
- General Information and Referral: Linkage to numerous other services and programs.