Second Story is looking for a social media and graphic design intern to work alongside the communications specialist to deliver quality and engaging content across all social media platforms. The intern will create and curate content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The intern will also create visual content for Second Story’s social media presence and marketing materials. The intern will work 10-15 hours a week with at least three hours at Second Story’s administrative office and the rest remotely (space in the administrative office will be provided for the intern but only three hours each week will be required on-site).
The intern will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic work environment and experience nonprofit administration firsthand as well as gain experience in graphic design, social media marketing, and nonprofit communications.
Duration: 3-6 months, 10-15 hours/week (schedule can be flexible)
Reporting to: Communications Specialist
Objective: To assist the communications specialist by creating and curating relevant and engaging content for Second Story’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels in addition to creating quality graphics for social media and other marketing purposes.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Access to graphic design software (preferably the Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent written communication skills especially with regard to social media copy
- Proficient in social media marketing strategy
- Strong project and time management skills
- Interest in social media marketing and graphic design
- Preferably pursuing a degree in graphic design, marketing, communication studies, or a related field
- Create a weekly content plan in cooperation with the Communications Specialist for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and schedule content via Hootsuite.
- Keep up to date with current social media trends and work to keep Second Story’s presence fresh and engaging.
- Report on Second Story’s social media analytics once a week to the Communications Specialist to analyze each channel’s effectiveness.
- Create graphics for Second Story’s social media platforms and other marketing purposes.
Second Story is an EOE.
Email resume, two graphic design samples, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “INTERNSHIP.”
*SECOND STORY’S INTERNSHIPS ARE UNPAID. INTERNS DO NOT RECEIVE STAFF BENEFITS.