Second Story’s Youth Advisory Council helps us extend the reach of our programs and services, serves as a forum during which members share challenges they and their peers face, and gives input regarding our programs and procedures so that we can be as effective and responsive as possible to the unique needs of young people in our community.
Youth Advisory Council Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Participate on the Youth Council for a minimum of one entire academic school year.
- Attend Council meetings every month. Meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month (September – June) from 6 – 8pm at the Emergency Shelter for Teenagers. No one should miss more than one consecutive meeting.
- Actively participate in the Council’s community service activities, fundraisers, and special events.
- Provide constructive views on issues involving Second Story and homeless and at-risk youth.
- Represent Second Story in your school, your extracurricular activities, and amongst your friends and greater community.
- Respect others, including their race, gender, culture, ideas, opinions, and differences.
If you are interested in becoming a Youth Advisory Council member please complete the application below. If you are eligible, the program manager at Second Story for Teens in Crisis, will contact you for an interview.